Invited guests of Charlotte City Club members are welcome at any time with the exception of 'members-only' events. Should you have any questions about visiting the Club, please contact our Member Relations Department at (704) 334-3200 or fill out a contact form.
Hours of Operation
The Club is open Monday through Saturday and on select Sundays for special occasions and events. Operating hours may vary seasonally and with Club sponsored events, but it will typically follow the schedule outlined below.
Regular Operating Hours:
Monday and Tuesday: 7:30 am – 5 pm
Wednesday — Friday: 7:30 am – Close
Saturday: 4 pm – Close
Breakfast: Monday — Friday: 7:30 am – 9 am
Lunch: Monday — Friday: 11:30 am – 2 pm
Dinner: Wednesday and Thursday: 5:30 pm – 9 pm Friday and Saturday: 5:30 pm – 10 pm
Drinks: Wednesday — Saturday: 5 pm – Close
The City Club requires members and their guest to be appropriately dressed when in the Club. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests’ appearance is consistent with Club standards. The following rules apply to all persons, age 5 and over.
The Mecklenburg Room
The Mecklenburg Room is the most formal of the Club’s dining venues. In the Mecklenburg room, men are expected, but not required, to wear jackets at lunch. Collared shirts and dress slacks are required in the Mecklenburg room at all times. Women should wear dresses, skirts or dress slacks.
Smart casual attire is required in other areas of the Club. Clothing that may be appropriate in many public settings is not necessarily appropriate at the City Club. The fact that clothing is expensive or carries a designer label does not, in and of itself, make the clothing appropriate.
Special Gathering and Events
- Dress denim is permitted, but worn, torn, or frayed denim is not permitted.
- Athletic shoes and rubber-soled sandals are not permitted unless required for medical reason.
- Hats and head coverings may not be worn in the Club, with two exceptions. First, hats or head coverings worn for religious reasons, such as a yarmulke or hijab are permitted. Second, women’s dress hats are permitted.
- Collared shirts are required for men. T-shirts are not permitted for men nor women.
- Shirts must be tucked in unless they are designed not to be tucked in, such as Guayabera shirts.
Special Events often have their own dress code. Where this is the case, it will be announced in Club publications, on the website and related social media.